Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Rizal in Cebu

Would you believe that a patient with a family name "Rizal" is being admitted right now in the OB ward of Sotto? Is it possible that she, or her husband, is a direct descendent of the Rizal family from Laguna? :)

I don't know, I haven't approached the patient. Maybe I will before the week is over. I imagine myself saying to the patient, "It's a great honor for me to meet you, ma'm". It seems no one else in the ward, including my duty mates, is making any fuss about this...

Another surprise for me is that the patient assigned to me this morning actually hails from Basay, Negros Oriental, the place of my birth. I told the patient this and she was pleasantly surprised. And what's more, her husband is actually a best friend of my mother's brother. He is actually from Sanque, a small barrio not far from Basay, where my mother is from. What a small world we live in.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker